Em-8ER Upgrades - NEW BIKE - Limited Time Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
As per Grummz's announcement on Discord, the Kickstarter is due to go live in about 3 months. You have time until then to upgrade the M3 packs.

Once the Kickstarter goes live, this program will be closed.
Minimum of 3 months, this is aggressive. A lot depends on animation time. We've chosen a locomotion and IK system for the game, so we are currently doing a full set of anims for the human. You have time to upgrade, don't worry. We will let you know if it gets close.

Dreamin

Base Commander
Base Commander
Dec 4, 2016
PNW
The Python bike will never be purchasable in-game. No 'bike' will. Any future vehicle released for the game is planned to be crafted in-game using resources. Bikes will never be made available since they are exclusive to participants of the funding milestones prior to release.

While logged-in to the backer website, click Campaigns and Perks, select the M3 milestone section. The Python bike should be available as an option to purchase alongside the other perks that were part of the funding milestone. It should appear between the 'Scout' and 'Deepscanner' perks.
Go to https://my.em8er.com/perks/campaign/3 Log in, and scroll down. You should be able to buy it if you backed during the M3 Milestone. Which is kinda redundant, since I thought the M stood for Milestone. But what do I know?
I must be special... in the bad way. Only option available for purchase/upgrade on MY my.ember.com is the full upgrade. Forum title shows I am M3 backer.

Has anyone else actually attempted to purchase just the new bike skin without a package upgrade and been sucessful?

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I must be special... in the bad way. Only option available for purchase/upgrade on MY my.ember.com is the full upgrade. Forum title shows I am M3 backer.

Has anyone else actually attempted to purchase just the new bike skin without a package upgrade and been sucessful?
Believe several have purchased the bike pack alone, without being forced into an upgrade. Or atleast, there hasn't been anyone on here who has stated such a case as yours.

I'd suggest following Grummz's instructions:

If you can't see you pack or upgrade, please contact [email protected]. We've been turning tickets round in 24 hours, sometimes within an hour.
That should sort it.

DinsdaleP13

NEW - SHIFTER
Jul 26, 2016
Arizona, U.S.A.

Yup, I have. And are you just on the main my.ember.com page? You have to click "Campaigns and Perks" in the upper right,
1532906371291.png

Scroll down, and click on
1532906439382.png

Scroll down once more, until you see the Python Bike Skin, and there should be a purchase option around where the highlighted area is. It doesn't show up for me, since I've already bought it.
1532906527417.png

Kahina

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 29, 2016
... some helpful stuff, posted some helpful images

This actually works. Not obvious. Anything but obvious. But it works.

Aaaaaaaaaand @Grummz got more of my money.

PS: @Grummz, Your engineers have not yet fixed the multiple accounts with one computer issue. This post was made whilst logged in on my main account, but ended up attributed to my secondary account.

Last edited:

Clunker

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Em, does anyone have or seen the info on what the $ cost is for just the bike?
I've currently the Tsi-Hu Hunter M3 level, so upgrading to the next stage for $50 for a bike feels a bit much...

NateX

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Is it possible to purchase a pack still without having previously bought one? I dont think the kickstarter has started yet. I can also still see all the packs on the compaign and perks page. Just don't see any purchase options.

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
Is it possible to purchase a pack still without having previously bought one?
Nope...but...if Team Em-8ER has another Chief Chat over on their Discord server you may be able to snag a $1 pack from M3 as they have been giving some away...and then you could upgrade that pack prior to the Kickstarter.
I dont think the kickstarter has started yet.
It has not...but...it should happen within the next couple of months...sooooo

NateX

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Nope...but...if Team Em-8ER has another Chief Chat over on their Discord server you may be able to snag a $1 pack from M3 as they have been giving some away...and then you could upgrade that pack prior to the Kickstarter.

It has not...but...it should happen within the next couple of months...sooooo
how to know when the "chief chats" are going to start?

NateX

Ark Liege
Jun 22, 2017
Sometimes there's a thread on the forums or an update in the update channel on the Discord server. I recommend the Discord server myself as the Dev Team talk to folks in there from time to time and it's a good way to keep a better handle on updates in real time IMO.
Iv been in the discord and the forums since june 2017 : P got tired of all the notifications. ill try to keep a lookout for updates. thanks : )

This is all great, but.... The,"Bike." I know it's similar to the firefall bikes but I'm not excited about it. IMO Ember is all about moving forward and the bikes are just too, "old school" looking. I mean are the bikes for a faster mode of transportation or show case? The Firefall bikes weren't really off road friendly and I think that's kind of what you all are going for here. The huge tires, the bulky frame. If the terrain is going to be anything like Firefall then the bikes are going to end up just being show cased like in Firefall. We only really dropped them to show them off and hear the sound of the nice motor; push it a few meters at max speed then carry on gliding. Hopefully the bikes in Ember will be an extremely sufficient mode of transportation. Maybe even sufficient as gliding if not more sufficient and faster because of the engine. I would hope the bikes look more futuristic. Even resembling the mechs. A lot more sleek and not meant for off road, thus making more use of roads and highways. The roads were rarely used in Firefall. That could also introduce the need for off road vehicles, like buggies ect. but that's for another rant. Love the Firefall bike and maybe it should be exclusive but I hope there are more futuristic bikes. Like crotch rocket type. Will be upgrading my pledge asap =)
Go Ember!
Actually, the bikes were my main method of transport once I got one because
(A the gliders only got you so far
(B not everyone wanted to craft consumable glider pads when you still had a ways to travel but landed no where near a glider pad
(C heading back to a mission board from the "wilderness"
(D the two or three rechargeable glider pads that could be unlocked had a long cool down (15-45 mins)
(E Bikes could actually outpace gliders, especially if you were headed someplace with a greater altitude

Should also mention that bikes did slow down when going uphill and speed up when going downhill, making a certain route to Trans-Hub only need steering because gravity made you go faster than normal top speed. That and bikes had health, ie it getting shot enough or colliding with another high speed bike would dismount you, and it would go on it's 10 second cool down so you couldn't just speed away.

Faeryl

Omni Ace
Staff member
Community Manager
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth, USA, East Coast
discord.gg
Wait, there was the possibility to back the m3 milestone but no newsletter for that? Went through my inbox and coulnd't find anything about that :(
Sad that I missed that one
sometimes people raffel those so just look around. Best of luck!
Hi, @recon and @Greenon!
Reapers can no longer purchase an Indiegogo Milestone 3 Campaign Backer Pack.
HOWEVER, there are 2 ways you can win a One Dollar Pack that can be upgraded (until the Kickstarter campaign begins)!

# 1) Join the Official Em-8ER Discord! https://discord.gg/xwRCmWW
Jump into the "Chief Chat" voice channel for Chief Chats with Grummz!! This is when Grummz and Ronyn take the community's questions and chat about Em-8ER!!

** These are usually announced in advanced here on the forums and in Discord. **

# 2) Keep checking the forums daily for any announcements from @Maven , who has held one raffle so far, right here on the forums. He just might hold another raffle, depending on the number of interested folks from the community!

I hope this helps! Cheers!
~ Faeryl

Status
Not open for further replies.