Not open for further replies.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
what if the seat was retractable it looks like a single seater bike but when another person approach closer the other seat would pop and tada unless it had a side cart feature hmm

Just another thought can there be bikes where you can lay down rather than sit down like in the sport skeleton racing either on your belly or the back.

Could imagine them running in their outfit then press a button as they run lay down and the bike appears like the way the tron bike materializes and begin to ride.

Last edited:

xMaddawgx

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 27, 2017
I'm trying to update to this new package but I don;t see anything where I can update? I've only tried this about 10 times. I don't see this Deepscanner link anywhere.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I'm trying to update to this new package but I don;t see anything where I can update? I've only tried this about 10 times. I don't see this Deepscanner link anywhere.
On the Backer Website, go to the Campaigns and Perks tab, select EM-8ER - MECH VS KAIJU WARGAME, M3 MILESTONE.

There you will have a list of all the perks that was part of the milestone. Once there you can opt to upgrade your Firstclaimer perk to Base Commander or Omni Ace, which automatically gives you the Python bike. Alternatively, if you are simply looking to buy the new Python bike alone, you have the option of buying it separately for $25. The bike is listed as an option among the perks.

The Deepscanner perk was the lowest tier perk that would give access to a copy of the game.

Amayani

Deepscanner
Jul 27, 2016
That's a pretty spiffy bike skin and I love you guys for making it, but $25 for a bit of nostalgic eye candy is a lot to ask for. I pay less for fully fleshed out AAA games. I think I'll wait for something more substantial to support you again. :D

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
That's a pretty spiffy bike skin and I love you guys for making it, but $25 for a bit of nostalgic eye candy is a lot to ask for. I pay less for fully fleshed out AAA games. I think I'll wait for something more substantial to support you again. :D
Don't forget that you can now upgrade your backer rank for a limited time, upgrading your rank will also grant you the bike skin, in your case, paying 40$ will get you the goodies from terraformer, while also getting you the new bike!

xMaddawgx

Archon
Base Commander
Jan 27, 2017
On the Backer Website, go to the Campaigns and Perks tab, select EM-8ER - MECH VS KAIJU WARGAME, M3 MILESTONE.

There you will have a list of all the perks that was part of the milestone. Once there you can opt to upgrade your Firstclaimer perk to Base Commander or Omni Ace, which automatically gives you the Python bike. Alternatively, if you are simply looking to buy the new Python bike alone, you have the option of buying it separately for $25. The bike is listed as an option among the perks.

The Deepscanner perk was the lowest tier perk that would give access to a copy of the game.
Thank you, it worked and I can't wait to start playing this game. Ever since Firefall I cannot find another game to play.

Shadow

Terraformer
Greeter
Feb 13, 2017
I got to say, this is a bit pricey for me. Regardless how much I'd love to support the game, and the nostalgia will most definitely be missed.. I opened up a lot in getting Deep Scanner.
I'm hoping this isn't a sign of another company attempting at leeching more money out of the community before release.. Reminds me of a lot of Indies and subsequent Videos on youtube and other media covering them as well..
Please, don't fk up.. I put a lot of hope into this.. this is a bad sign imho :(

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I do hope that not all bike skin cost money when the game released, 25$ could buy me 10 days worth of food xD
Do note that these (the M3 original two seater and the Python) will be the only bikes in the game that will ever be released. They are exclusive for backers. Additionally, they are merely vanity items. They are no faster than the omniframe in its skim mode, which will likely be the most common mode of traversal.

There are plans for other vehicles to be introduced in the future, but those shall be crafted using in-game resources, not bought from the cash shop.

Oct 29, 2016
Do note that these (the M3 original two seater and the Python) will be the only bikes in the game that will ever be released. They are exclusive for backers. Additionally, they are merely vanity items. They are no faster than the omniframe in its skim mode, which will likely be the most common mode of traversal.

There are plans for other vehicles to be introduced in the future, but those shall be crafted using in-game resources, not bought from the cash shop.
Oh, that is good to know that this is not the only transportation, merely, a cooler way to transport.
Still, though, I'm tempted to buy to look cool.

Maven

Kaiju Slayer
Max Kahuna
Philanthropist
Jul 26, 2016
I got to say, this is a bit pricey for me. Regardless how much I'd love to support the game, and the nostalgia will most definitely be missed.. I opened up a lot in getting Deep Scanner.
I'm hoping this isn't a sign of another company attempting at leeching more money out of the community before release.. Reminds me of a lot of Indies and subsequent Videos on youtube and other media covering them as well..
Please, don't fk up.. I put a lot of hope into this.. this is a bad sign imho :(
Your concern is quite valid. And while I cannot, and do not, speak for the team, here's my view to the whole thing.

The M3 milestone was more than just successful. It blew all funding expectations. But more than just the funding, it brought a lot of new people into the fold, and the $1 and $5 packs played a very important role in achieving that.

Here's a reminder of the rewards for the $1 pack:

10.JPG

The amount of rewards, and their quality, can be compared to stuff that can be found in high-tier founder packs for most other early access games.

The one important thing that's missing though? Access to the game on release.

The whole point of the new upgrade system is so that lower tier M3 backers who may not have had the chance to buy the higher tier packs (those that give access to the game, lowest one being the Deepscanner) do get a chance to do so. And with the program running until Kickstarter launch (about 3 months) that's a lot of time they have, to opt into buying access to the game for a much lower price than what would be on release.

Further, do remember that the new purchase options are not open to everyone, only M3 backers. It would have been quite easy for the team to open up the plan for everyone. To be honest, there are quite a few who would have gladly bought one of the packs, since several people missed the M3 milestone session and have been clamoring for an opportunity to back the game, somehow someway. It's quite likely that the team would have easily doubled the M3 returns by opening up the funding options to everyone. And yet, it's open only to M3 backers.

Furthermore, the bike is free with any and all upgrades, including an upgrade to the Scout perkpack ($15). That's a $14 for a few more rewards and the bike. Upgrade to Deepscanner and that's the bike, plus access to the game, for $34 (assuming you upgrade from the $1 tier). Seeing as the game is to be priced at the higher end of indie pricing at release, that's a lot of value for investment there.

Anyone who has funded the M3 milestone do get access to a bike, the original M3 two-seater. As for the new Python, true it does play on the nostalgia factor a bit, but it's just an option for those that can afford to, and want to, invest a bit more into a game that they feel was stolen from them.

The way I see it, for a team that's working part time and depending entirely on the community, they have played things right so far. They have met targets, albeit delayed at times, but that's to be expected, and the rewards they have offered are far more value for money than most other early access games on the market.

I'd say keep the faith. The community and the team have known each other for a significant amount of time. I'm sure the team knows that the community will be on their backs if they start to step out of line, just as they know the community will back them through thick and thin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.