Firefall Founder’s Credit Program for Em-8ER

Jul 27, 2016
They sent out an email to everyone on the Em-8er mailing list, and it was a huge major deal for quite some time until the Firefall Website shut down. If you were not on the Em-8er mailing list then how would they know your email? Remember this is Em-8er, they had no access to Firefall records that were not visible on the Firefall website (aka player personal information like email addresses)
Well, I'm on the mailing list, and I never got it. The mails I do get are generally poorly formed, where the URLs are not even linked. I don't have the time to troll every forum and discord that's out there to keep my eyes opened as I have a rather busy life. I have an expectation that when I kick in a chunk of change, that people keep me notified. I kicked in $250 for this game, and $18 for Xenonauts 2. The later of which sends me nice well-formed emails to the level of almost being spam.

I just got the email here asking for upgrades for the bike skin, and in the end I have to ask myself "Do I feel comfortable in kicking in another $250 for something that seems fly-by-night"? That's my connundrum. I wish I did not have that feeling.

I'm not expecting a past change in this regard, but I do hope that Crixa can maybe spend a bit more time thinking about the PR aspect of crowd funding. When I go to watch a stream and it's not working, or my emails look like spam, it makes it hard for people to want to continue to donate to the cause.

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Well, I'm on the mailing list, and I never got it. The mails I do get are generally poorly formed, where the URLs are not even linked. I don't have the time to troll every forum and discord that's out there to keep my eyes opened as I have a rather busy life. I have an expectation that when I kick in a chunk of change, that people keep me notified. I kicked in $250 for this game, and $18 for Xenonauts 2. The later of which sends me nice well-formed emails to the level of almost being spam.

I just got the email here asking for upgrades for the bike skin, and in the end I have to ask myself "Do I feel comfortable in kicking in another $250 for something that seems fly-by-night"? That's my connundrum. I wish I did not have that feeling.

I'm not expecting a past change in this regard, but I do hope that Crixa can maybe spend a bit more time thinking about the PR aspect of crowd funding. When I go to watch a stream and it's not working, or my emails look like spam, it makes it hard for people to want to continue to donate to the cause.

Thank you for your reply and explanation.
Hello there,
We very much appreciate your contribution to Em-8ers development. It's unfortunate to see that you missed out on the chance to get on the founders program. Such a program had some difficulties to create and maintain considering that Crixa Labs is not, at all, officially connected with Red 5.

We did everything reasonable to let our members know, from emails, to announcements, to even some media coverage, but I suppose no method is 100 percent foolproof. Is there another way we could have informed you that you would prefer? If so let us know, it may end up being useful in the future.

We intentionally try to only email when it's an announcement worth sharing, an update on development, or company news that the majority of our community members hope to see and expect to know about.

In terms of the mails lacking links and URL's, that is an interesting statement. I will look into that to see if it is a persistent issue. In terms of streams not working and emails that look like spam. Well, I don't know what you mean specifically but we will attempt to keep such things as functional as possible.

While I would never attempt to speak for others, I can say that so far we have had great success with our amazing community continuing to fund Em-8ERs development. With everyone's continued support, Em-8er keeps on growing into something we are all very proud of.

Hopefully you will keep your eyes on us and see how everything develops. Personally, I think you'll be glad you contributed when you did.

STARSBarry

Firstclaimer
Jan 27, 2017
thanks for this by the way the extra credit makes all the difference

Is there any chance of an in game title maybe something unimaginative like "Tiki Time" just so I can see whos played it back in the day (or at least was a founder)

if not il be happy with just the credits but I would wear a Firefall title with pride if I could. (still wear the hat sometimes although my dog shredded the poster before I had even seen it)

Aug 5, 2020
Hello there,
We very much appreciate your contribution to Em-8ers development. It's unfortunate to see that you missed out on the chance to get on the founders program. Such a program had some difficulties to create and maintain considering that Crixa Labs is not, at all, officially connected with Red 5.

We did everything reasonable to let our members know, from emails, to announcements, to even some media coverage, but I suppose no method is 100 percent foolproof. Is there another way we could have informed you that you would prefer? If so let us know, it may end up being useful in the future.

We intentionally try to only email when it's an announcement worth sharing, an update on development, or company news that the majority of our community members hope to see and expect to know about.

In terms of the mails lacking links and URL's, that is an interesting statement. I will look into that to see if it is a persistent issue. In terms of streams not working and emails that look like spam. Well, I don't know what you mean specifically but we will attempt to keep such things as functional as possible.

While I would never attempt to speak for others, I can say that so far we have had great success with our amazing community continuing to fund Em-8ERs development. With everyone's continued support, Em-8er keeps on growing into something we are all very proud of.

Hopefully you will keep your eyes on us and see how everything develops. Personally, I think you'll be glad you contributed when you did.
I stopped playing Firefall shortly before the sale as it was going in a direction I was not fond of and the player base had shrunk so much it wasn't fun anymore. I'm very sad I didn't even know about this new game. I still have my commander card in my drawer with the unlock code. Any way I can verify my status with that??? :D

Wyntyr

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Florida
I still have my commander card in my drawer with the unlock code. Any way I can verify my status with that??? :D
I don't believe that has been brought up before (i.e. card ownership) and I think it's a good question. My personal opine...If Crixa can/does use them, then my guess would be post kick starter once they have a few more folks working full time on the game.