Not open for further replies.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Hello everyone,

Welcome to a MAJOR new update to the Em8ER community. We’ve finished creating the Em8ER ID system, a unified login system that ties together game, web and forums into a single sign on.

This update affects all backers and all forum users for Em-8ER. You will need to convert your existing forum logins to Em8ER IDs by relogging into the forums and following the steps presented. If you are a backer and do not yet have a forum account, you can simply create a new forum account and follow the steps there.

The Em8ER ID system also comes with a new account website that displays your account information and allows you to update your personal information.

Backers of Em-8ER from IndieGoGo and Paypal will also be able to access and see all their pledges and perks on the new website. Your Em8ER ID will also allow you, if you are a backer, to log into future test builds of Em8ER as they become available.

We need everyone to convert their existing forum accounts and for backers to do so as well. You can do this by visiting https://forums.em8er.com and logging in normally with your legacy forum account. If you do not yet have a forum account, simply create a new forum account and you will be walked through the new Em8ER ID account creation system.

BACKERS, CLAIM AND CHECK YOUR PERKS

Backers, it is extremely important to verify that you have the right perks and packages. Data was imported directly from all three IndieGoGo campaigns, but many of you did Paypal and other upgrades, or won prizes or gifted packages. We have put forth every effort to make sure we manually updated these additional perks and gifts, but some may have slipped through the cracks. Please view your packages on the my.em8er.com website AFTER you have converted your forum account to verify your perks. If you see an issue, contact [email protected] and we will be happy to help you.

To claim your IndieGoGo and Paypal packages, follow the instructions during account conversion or creation from logging into the https://forums.em8er.com website. Some of you have used more than one email with your IndieGoGo and Paypal accounts. To claim these perks, go to the My Account portion of the my.em8er.com website and add additional emails as needed.

YOU MUST check your emails and click the verified link for each email you add, as well as the original one you entered during account conversion. Please note that account verification and IndieGoGo perk claim verification are TWO DIFFERENT EMAILS and that BOTH will need to be clicked through to claim your account and IndieGoGo perks.

THANK YOU BACKERS AND COMMUNITY!

This is a huge step forward for Em-8ER. Having an account system and login system for the game puts us one step closer to our playable mockup. Backers can expect new test builds soon. Stay tuned for more information and please accept our gratitude and thanks.

heller44

Deepscanner
Feb 10, 2017
Bah. It seems to look at the paypal registered email as it stands now, not when I registered.

Sorted. Ignore.

But can't see the new site, only the old unless going directly from the link in the email that was sent.

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Wasn't able to join the forum with my new Em8er ID... I somehow found the old login to write this little problem here. When I wanted to go to the forum while being in the new hub, I wasn't logged in somehow anymore.

Still awesome as it showed my perks truthfully and nothing is missing xD

Biz

Kaiju Slayer
Kaiju Slayer
Jul 30, 2016
Little error that would need manual intervention, I got credited for both Firstclaimer and Kaiju Slayer. Because I did not upgrade properly but bought both (d'oh). It was suppose to be Kaiju Slayer only and 150$ worth of cosmetic shop/premium currency.

p.s.

Just keep that package there as our reminder. We don't have a way to do a cash balances yet, so please remind us again when the game's store is open!
Will do, thanks.

Last edited:

Hamsta

Dec 29, 2016
I'm slightly confused. New website? I also don't know where we check our perks. I'll just assume I did everything correctly lol.
Same here, Hamster so very confused. Suddenly my legacy account is a "new member", what? I've had this account since 2016....

(12/29/16 to be exact....)

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hi there, the new website is at my.em8er.com and should be used to check your perks and claim them. But you MUST go through the forums to convert your account 1st. Going direct to the my.em8er.com site is a bit prone to user error. Sorry for that, but the best way to convert is through the forums.

After that feel free to visit my.em8er.com.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Little error that would need manual intervention, I got credited for both Firstclaimer and Kaiju Slayer. Because I did not upgrade properly but bought both (d'oh). It was suppose to be Kaiju Slayer only and 150$ worth of cosmetic shop/premium currency.
Just keep that package there as our reminder. We don't have a way to do a cash balances yet, so please remind us again when the game's store is open!

RaZoR

Death Reaper
Jul 26, 2016
Hi.
Managed to reclaim account @ forums.em8er.com.
Went to my.em8er.com to claim perks, but the popup claim window gives me an error.
Did you back Em-8ER on IndieGogo or Paypal?
Put my email in. Back all 3 IndieGoGo campaigns with the same email. Getting error:
Either there is no backer by that email address or the address has already been claimed.
Nothing showing in profile about perks.

Edit.
Looks all sorted now after an hour of checking.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Reporting in.

The only issue I had with my phone logging in is when I wanted to scroll down to password after putting in Em-8er ID or email, the background forum site would scroll and not the login section. Keyboard was covering it up.

Looking at my perks, things are spot on. Very excited about things!

Status
Not open for further replies.