Heavy Omniframe model (probably animated later)

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
So are you actually a dev or are these fan made stuff? Still quite new to this forum so..
It's ALL fan art for now. No telling what the future may bring but all the stuff I've done has just been me messing around on my own to date and should not be taken as indicative of actual content Em-8ER will have or its art style or direction.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Pretty cool!!!

Among (many) other things I had started work on the omniframe, and decided to do the heavy set of exterior armor/feet/hands first. Was figuring I'd wait to rig and animate it a bit before I posted it but... I feel like I'll be distracted and that that might take awhile so.... here.

EDIT from a point in the past that is closer to the present than the point in time that this post came into being. Aka some updates from later in this thread.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
One weapon I thought up for a Samurai omnimek was a shuriken/melee hybrid.

The weapon extends from one of the mek's forearms and magnetically suspends a shuriken between two prongs that run along the forearm. When LMB is hit, the weapon fires the shuriken. The shuriken(ricochets off of surfaces and goes through enemies) works like a boomerang and will return to the owner after traveling a certain distance. While the shuriken is in flight, energy blades form out of the prongs. When the player clicks LMB with the shuriken in flight, the player does melee attacks with the blade. Using RMB in either mode charges up the relevant weapon.

Terricon4

Base Commander
Base Commander
"It's not about size, it's about how you use it. That said, once you know how to use it then size sure helps."

I'm not dead, just busy. Put the hammer and shield in engine and linked up a basic (read as super shitty) swing animation so I can hit stuff. I'll probably upload a video after I add more attack animations (I want to make one where you stand still and spin/grind against the ground in a circle with the hammers engine going full throttle before leaping up into the air and bringing it down on something) and/or more weapons.

Arca9

Deepscanner
Aug 5, 2016
The only thing i can say about the animations (and i am sure they are not finished, so this next sentence doesn't really matter) is they don't seem to have weight to them. It's a giant mech running around, I feel like the stride would be longer and slower, same distance but more weight behind it.

I don't know, nice work though! I am sure that took a while to do :)