Can we upgrade Kickstarter packs at a later stage?

TormDK

Commander
Jun 21, 2017
See topic, can we upgrade Kickstarter tiers at a later stage? Like if I wanted to toss 50$ into the mix now, and another 50$ in a month?

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
Howdy. You can upgrade while the campaign is active. This campaign is only going a couple more weeks.

luigisnipes

Firstclaimer
Aug 23, 2016
do not think my friend just toss the money on your screen xD
If you do upgrade when the campaign is still active you need to mail grummz for the specific upgrade you chose and how much you paying ..
in indigo-go there is a link explaining this part i believe it is in story.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
So we still have a campaign later ?.
We are doing multiple campaigns. Here is some info from the FAQ.

20 - Q: How are you paying for Em-8ER's development?
A: Em-8ER is a crowd-funded game project. We do this by setting small, manageable milestones. We then have a crowd-funding campaign for each milestone.

Milestones are short, achievable steps and goals for the game. The community can inspect each milestone and determine if they want to see it continue by funding, or encouraging their friends to fund the next. This grows the audience and community for the game as we build trust and deliver results. So far we have successfully funded and delivered 2 milestones for Em-8ER at 460-600% of our original goals and grown to nearly 10,000 community members. It appears to be working!

This has benefits for us, the developers, too. First, we don't end up building a game where there is not enough demand or community. Second, we also avoid wandering off course or into feature creep as we have to keep very focused on these smaller goals. Finally, we get to grow an enthusiastic, excited community over time, not based on hype, but based on what they've actually played.

The primary goal is to have a couple of milestones to build our first playable mockup of the game. This is what devs call a "vertical slice," which is taking the core elements of gameplay and fully rendering them to see how it looks/feels. This is used to ultimately approve full development of the project. Only, in this case, it is the community instead of a publisher who will be approving our playable mock-up. We will hold a large fundraiser when we complete the mock-up in order to start everyone on a full-time production schedule.

To check out our current or most recent Milestone, Click here.

21 - Q: What exactly will be in the playable Mock-up?
A: The playable mock up will be of, what we call, a T.H.M.P.R. Encounter. The THMPR will drop down and start mining for resources while being attacked by waves of shape-shifting Tsi-Hu. Players must defend the THMPR to extract as many resources as possible while trading fire, using abilities, and jetting and gliding around the combat area.

22 - Q: How many more milestones until the playable mock-up?

A: So far we have had two extremely successful campaigns. Each one going over by 400 to 600 percent. The second campaign was so successful that we were able to cover two milestones with it! Now, there are only three more milestones until the playable mock-up!

23 - Q: How long until the game is finished?

A: Game development takes time, and Em-8ER is still in the beginning stages of development. It's too early for us to offer time estimates, but we will make sure to kee you updated as we go.

The best part about you being here so early, is that you get to give your feedback during these crucial initial stages. Also, we will have a whole lot of playable milestones that backers will get their hands on along the way.

24 - Q: How can I help this project?
A: During our crowd-funding fund-raisers on Indiegogo, there are opportunities to pledge money towards this project. The rewards are fun, interactive, and tend to help you get a deeper sense of what we are doing behind the scenes. Another way to help that is just as important is to help us spread the word! We need this community to grow quite a bit to reach our goals of completing Em-8ER. Your'e involvement will make all the difference!

25 - Q: Are there ways to give money in between fundraisers?
A: Not at this time, but we are considering a few options for the near future.

newbl

Terraformer
Jun 25, 2017
I'm also interested in knowing more about this. The FAQ doesn't answer what happens if we pledged in previous milestones and in a future campaign, such as for instance, the kickstarter, all we wanted was a particular exclusive skin/emote/etc. that was tied to things like extra copies of the final game, etc.

Would we be able to "upgrade" our past pledges just for those particular items?

BattleBuddy

Terraformer
Jul 28, 2016
Indeed. I'm on the broke side of things atm. I'm assuming more milestones will be available for me to throw money at in the future.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
With the current plans of hitting $60k funding for the full playable mock up, looks like there won't be anymore milestones for six months or so. But there will be a kickstarter to jump in on at a later date.