PDF Game Vision Book Next Week - Sneak Peak Next Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

halp

Jul 28, 2016
Sir, I hope you're not going to make it too realistick. Firefall was quite stylised and I bet a lot of people loved it for it. Also gameplay over graphics)

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
You're talking about Grummz at the helm of a ship that has no port authority telling him to reign it in.

This horizon is pristine and untouched. He'll find the island sure enough, you know why? Because he is also creating the island. Sit back under your umbrella and enjoy the sun and drinks.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Sir, I hope you're not going to make it too realistick. Firefall was quite stylised and I bet a lot of people loved it for it. Also gameplay over graphics)
I kind am making is a stylized reality. The human characters have stylized proportions but will be rendered realistically. But we're not going cell-shaded or half cell-shaded like FF. You see, I've never, ever gotten to work on a realistic game. All my games have been stylized or cartoony. I needed a change.

Despair

Death Reaper
Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Germany
www.jardras.de
Yet cartoonish games have aged very well. Games like Team Fortress 2, Portal and World of Warcraft are still good-looking (or you may say: acceptable). When i look at games like Farcry or Crysis it is not like that.

I've watched/"played" your demo and i believe you're on a very great path towards a great game.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
I kind am making is a stylized reality. The human characters have stylized proportions but will be rendered realistically. But we're not going cell-shaded or half cell-shaded like FF. You see, I've never, ever gotten to work on a realistic game. All my games have been stylized or cartoony. I needed a change.
As long as the world and character design still maintains that same level of saturation and vibrance we had in firefall with colors I'm happy.

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
Yet cartoonish games have aged very well. Games like Team Fortress 2, Portal and World of Warcraft are still good-looking (or you may say: acceptable). When i look at games like Farcry or Crysis it is not like that.

I've watched/"played" your demo and i believe you're on a very great path towards a great game.
They "age well" because they start out with crappy graphics right from the get go.

If your ranking graphics on a scale of 1-10 your looking at something like

TF2 (launch) 3 -> TF2 (now) -> 2.5
Crysis (launch) 10 -> Crysis (now) -> 7

I would still rather have crysis graphics *now* than a modern cartoonish style. I am kinda hoping for something along the quality of Skyrim.

Jun 2, 2017
Hy

Its all nice and cool, realy nice graphic. But the big question is that, Ember made for rich guys only whos have nuclear rectors in they'r room, or us, lower pc configuration users are can play this game normaly just like Firefall before?

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Hy

Its all nice and cool, realy nice graphic. But the big question is that, Ember made for rich guys only whos have nuclear rectors in they'r room, or us, lower pc configuration users are can play this game normaly just like Firefall before?
Hey
Potato NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti user here.

If you can run Paragon, or Unreal Tournament, then you are fine. Unreal engine is not the most demanding one.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Hy

Hey

If you can run Paragon, or Unreal Tournament, then you are fine. Unreal engine is not the most demanding one.
GEFORCE GTX 670 VETERAN HERE. IN SOME GAMES, IT EATS 4k FOR BREAKFAST

AND
EMBER IS AN "INDIE" GAME, DON'T EXPECT SOME HIGH EXPLOSIVE GRAPHICS.

Jun 2, 2017
Hey

Sorry, im not a PC guru. Dont realy understand this things. I have nVIDIA GeForce GT 630 and my pc is old too, but Firefall runs on it very well but sadly the new "owner" or what, dont realy want to fix it anymore. They let that fantastic game dieing. :(
Im still playing there, trying to play there... but... that is one another story.

So im hope my pc would be enough for the new game. I miss the old R5 devs and hope we met in this new game when its starts finaly. :)
Until that time, good luck for you all. :)

Estender

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
Planet Tölva
Sorry, im not a PC guru. Dont realy understand this things. I have nVIDIA GeForce GT 630 and my pc is old too, but Firefall runs on it very well but sadly the new "owner" or what, dont realy want to fix it anymore. They let that fantastic game dieing. :(
Im still playing there, trying to play there... but... that is one another story.

So im hope my pc would be enough for the new game. I miss the old R5 devs and hope we met in this new game when its starts finaly. :)
Until that time, good luck for you all. :)
GeForce 630 will probably run Ember, me speculates (since the game is not made yet). Time will tell should we worry or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.