Ember EXE demo

POE

Firstclaimer
Omega Founder
Sep 24, 2016
Hello! I was just wanting to know will the Ember EXE demo be available to people who haven't backed the indiegogo, by means of a buy to play or a future indiegogo campaign. If Ronyn or Grummz could reply that would be great.

Last edited:

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hi, glad to answer that. The exe won't be available except to backers, but they can stream it or upload videos and screenshots.

Future milestones are coming and will have new exes that will have better versions as we improve the game and build more features. We always want to feature the latest we have. Each milestone is a separate exe reward.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Will the demo be available to the original Forums backers? I'd understand if not, just curious
The Indiegogo pages for the two milestones so far tell you exactly what each pledge was for.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ember-forums-website-art-videogames#/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ember-massive-planetary-wargame-videogames#/

Bear in mind that there are different things being referred to when people talk of exe's. The current target being a T.H.M.P.R model showing basic animations, a stretch goal of a playable mock-up (likely a lead-in demonstration for a Kickstarter campaign), and other probable demos in between (likely linked to more Indiegogo fundraisers).

Tragedy

ARES Operator
Jul 26, 2016
California, America
The Indiegogo pages for the two milestones so far tell you exactly what each pledge was for.
I know exactly what I was pledging for - I pledged a good amount of money, well over $100 so that Ember would have a platform to launch future crowdfunding milestones. I unfortunately, do not have nearly enough money to donate to each milestone - so I was asking @Grummz if both rounds of founders would get access to the demo -- and I already stated that I would understand if the answer was no, because I didn't pledge for the demo.

However, you are not @Grummz - so please do not speak for him.

Rocket

Max Kahuna
Max Kahina
Jul 26, 2016
Australia
I know exactly what ... [snip]
Don't be "that guy" eh?

You know the one. Posts an open question on a public message board, but doesn't like the answers he gets. If you want a personal answer, send a personal message.

If I was a wiser man, which I'm not, I'd cultivate friendships online with people who might have it, rather than doing the opposite. What was it we are allowed to send? Pictures and video's I think it was.

Yeah, that was it. ;)

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hi there. Our two milestones so far have been:

1st Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: Website and Forums
2nd Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: THMPR art demo

When we talk about exe versions of the builds, we are talking about a couple different versions:

1) THMPR Art Demo Exe promised for the 2nd milestone. ($15 Ready, Player One and above backers)
  • "Whitebox" test environment (i.e. no terrain, just a flat white plane like devs start with)
  • Command the THMPR to move and trigger it's basic animations (drilling, emote)
  • Nothing else, the goal was to model and animate the THMPR for use in future builds

2) The Playable Mockup. ($35 Emberite and above backers)
  • Due only if and when all milestones are funded and completed prior to Kickstarter
  • Sample Terrain
  • Call down THMPR and start mining
  • Waves of Tsi-Hu attack, you defend
  • Demo Ends when Mining is Complete
  • Sound FX, Particle FX, UI, fair degree of polish
  • Used to launch the "Start the full-time company" Kickstarter campaign
  • Dependent on all prior milestones being funded (to build the other assets)

3) Final Game (Max Kahuna Only)
  • Only Max Kahuna offers Final Game access at the moment

The Milestone Sequence (Currently being finalized, this is a draft, primary goals only):

1. Build website/forums and a community - DONE
  2. Build the THMPR art asset and EXE- FRIDAY, APRIL 28
  3. Build the Omniframe art asset and EXE - PENDING
  4. Build the Human Players art assets and EXE - TBD
  5. Build the Tsi-Hu Enemy and Beast form assets and EXE -TBD
  6. Build the full Playable Mockup and EXE - TBD
Once the Playable Mockup is complete, we will do a "Start the Full-Time Company" fundraiser, switching to Kickstarter for it's larger game audience.

I know many NEW people (from the Firefall Credit Program) are wanting to get their hands on the THMPR art demo. One idea, not yet serious or decided, is to allow Patreon backers at $15 and above to receive the exe. The Patreon would also feature:

• Behind the scenes videos of me creating game assets
  • Behind the scenes videos of me writing design docs while thinking aloud
  • Podcast interviews on game design and game production with myself and Ronyn as host
  • Monthly exclusive decal or other virtual gift for use in final game
Feedback is needed and appreciated on the Patreon stuff. Tks!

Tragedy

ARES Operator
Jul 26, 2016
California, America
Don't be "that guy" eh?
I'll be whatever guy I want to be, thanks - I don't give two squirts of piss what you or anyone else thinks about me. Your answer to my question was completely worthless, because it wasn't directed at you - period.

Unless you have a say in who gets what backer rewards - your comments are worthless, so 'don't be "that guy" eh?' ;)

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
I'll be whatever guy I want to be, thanks - I don't give two squirts of piss what you or anyone else thinks about me. Your answer to my question was completely worthless, because it wasn't directed at you - period.

Unless you have a say in who gets what backer rewards - your comments are worthless, so 'don't be "that guy" eh?' ;)
If you didn't back the thmpr art demo then you don't get either of the upcoming builds. We are looking at option for people that missed or couldn't afford at the time to fund milestones.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
I know many NEW people (from the Firefall Credit Program) are wanting to get their hands on the THMPR art demo. One idea, not yet serious or decided, is to allow Patreon backers at $15 and above to receive the exe. The Patreon would also feature:
  • Behind the scenes videos of me creating game assets
  • Behind the scenes videos of me writing design docs while thinking aloud
  • Podcast interviews on game design and game production with myself and Ronyn as host
  • Monthly exclusive decal or other virtual gift for use in final game
Feedback is needed and appreciated on the Patreon stuff. Tks!
You're suggesting we get all that for $15/mo?

how about instead...

$16 - Seaman Recruit - Monthly In-Game Title.

$32 - Seaman Apprentice - Monthly In-Game Title and podcast teasers/highlights.

$64 - Seaman - Monthly In-Game Title, access to full podcast, and $8 of In-Game Currency.

$96 - Petty Officer 3rd Class - ^ + early access to podcasts.

$120 - Petty Officer 2nd Class - ^ + $8 in game currency (that's additive to the other $8, as are the subsequent levels), art demo exe, a free copy of the game at release for your first month only, and a chance to win a custom paint job (the paint job will be the same each month, but each month another person at this level or higher has a chance to win it. Previous winners will be able to gift future winnings of this skin.)

$256 - Petty Officer 1st Class - ^ + $16 IGC, 3X chance for the paint job, access to a monthly design doc (not the video), and a special forum badge (that will only be viewed as long as they are subbed at this level or higher.)

$520 - Chief Petty Officer - ^ + $24 IGC, Live video of game assets and design docs, an extra copy of the game release for a friend, and a chance to win some voice time on the podcast.

$1096 - Senior Chief Petty Officer - ^ + $40 IGC, access to On Demand vids of design, @Grummz retweets a tweet of your choice, automatic win of the custom paint job (separate from the raffle) for your first month only, guaranteed access to all closed alphas and betas only after 4 months at this level or higher, free access to all expansion packs (season pass) after 3 months at this level, and a special decal that changes slightly based on the number of months you've been subbed at this level or higher (yes there's one level higher than this)

$5032 - Fleet Master Chief - ^ + $120 IGC, @Grummz and @Ronyn follow you on Twitter, guaranteed access to all closed alphas & betas for 8 friends, x copies of the game (two for each month subbed at this level redeemable starting after the first four months, which would be 8 copies, presumably to give away), one season pass each month at this level, and each month at this level grants an entry for a chance to win one of 2 custom made Em-8ER Gaming Laptops or one of 8 custom made Omniframe action figures.

Whad'ya think? The numbers may need to be adjusted, but lots of potential rewards at a reasonable cost (to Crixa Labs that is. To the player, well, that needs to be determined and I'm not quite the man for that job.).

I should point out that IGC rewards are cumulative monthly, so 2 months at the $64 level will give you $16 IGC, 3 month $24, and so on.

Last edited:

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
You're suggesting we get all that for $15/mo?

how about instead...

$15 - Seaman Recruit - Monthly In-Game Title.

$25 - Seaman Apprentice - Monthly In-Game Title and podcast teasers.

$50 - Seaman - Monthly In-Game Title, access to full podcast, and $5 of In-Game Currency.

$75 - Petty Officer 3rd Class - ^ + early access to podcasts.

$100 - Petty Officer 2nd Class - ^ + $5 in game currency (that's additive to the other $5, as are the subsequent levels), free copy of the game at release for your first month only, and a chance to win a custom paint job (the paint job will be the same each month, but each month another person at this level or higher has a chance to win it. Previous winners will be able to gift future winnings of this skin.)

$250 - Petty Officer 1st Class - ^ + $15 IGC, 3X chance for the paint job, access to a monthly design doc (not the video), and a special forum badge (that will only be viewed as long as they are subbed at this level or higher.)

$500 - Chief Petty Officer - ^ + $35 IGC, Live video of game assets and design docs, an extra copy of the game release for a friend, and a chance to win some voice time on the podcast.

$1000 - Senior Chief Petty Officer - ^ + $60 IGC, access to On Demand vids of design, @Grummz retweets a tweet of your choice, automatic win of the custom paint job (separate from the raffle) for your first month only, guaranteed access to all closed alphas and betas only after 4 months at this level or higher, free access to all expansion packs (season pass) after 3 months at this level, and a special decal that changes slightly based on the number of months you've been subbed at this level or higher (yes there's one level higher than this)

$5000 - Fleet Master Chief - ^ + $130 IGC, @Grummz and @Ronyn follow you on Twitter, guaranteed access to all closed alphas & betas for 8 friends, x copies of the game (two for each month subbed at this level after the first four months, presumably to give away), one season pass each month at this level, and each month at this level grants an entry for a chance to win one of 2 custom made Em-8ER Gaming Laptops or one of 5 custom made Omniframe action figures.

Whad'ya think? The numbers may need to be adjusted, but lots of potential rewards at a reasonable cost (to Crixa Labs that is. To the player, well, that needs to be determined and I'm not quite the man for that job.).
Personal. I feel all these pricing is too high. 5000 a month would have to come lap dances. All jokes a side I personally don't want to see patreon used a primary form of funding. I don't feel it is stable enough to be used. As extra funding to keep things moving smooth sure. But almost anything can upset a community and loss of monthly funding would be devastating to the project.
I feel way too little is offered here too. 15 dollars a month for an in game title is pretty steep. A podcast for 75? Basically I would personally would start the title at 1 dollars and 5 for the podcast(no early tier everyone gets it at the same time(only none backers wait)). Various other low cost tiers too. It should be treat as extra content for extra funding or content for those that missed milestones.

zdoofop

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
Noneofyourbeeswaxistan
Personal. I feel all these pricing is too high. 5000 a month would have to come lap dances. All jokes a side I personally don't want to see patreon used a primary form of funding. I don't feel it is stable enough to be used. As extra funding to keep things moving smooth sure. But almost anything can upset a community and loss of monthly funding would be devastating to the project.
I feel way too little is offered here too. 15 dollars a month for an in game title is pretty steep. A podcast for 75? Basically I would personally would start the title at 1 dollars and 5 for the podcast(no early tier everyone gets it at the same time(only none backers wait)). Various other low cost tiers too. It should be treat as extra content for extra funding or content for those that missed milestones.
I'm inclined to agree. I knew that it would be kind of an extreme example, but I know myself I couldn't afford stuff at this rate.