Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Congrats Ember team!

Also, I am very interested in more info about this:
"The base frame will determine what options are available. Each frametype also has its own signature game mechanic. Heavy omniframes store incoming kintetic and energy weapon damage and converts it to offensive power."

Nubilus

Omni Ace
Ark Liege
Base Commander
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
The new site looks very nice. I really dig the new logo as well.

"The base frame will determine what options are available. Each frametype also has its own signature game mechanic. Heavy omniframes store incoming kinetic and energy weapon damage and converts it to offensive power."
^ this kinda sounds like Zarya's Barrier and Particle Cannon from Overwatch to me.

Edit 1: It's nice to read more about the story and gameplay mechanics on the new sites.
For instance, the T.H.M.P.R page tells you about how the planet is structured lore- and gameplay-wise. The fact that the resource we mine is also time-shifting is VERY interesting.

Last edited:

Joe Solo

Ember Dev
Jul 26, 2016
Costa Mesa
www.artguyjoe.squarespace.com
The new site looks very nice. I really dig the new logo as well.

^ this kinda sounds like Zarya's Barrier and Particle Cannon from Overwatch to me.

Edit 1: It's nice to read more about the story and gameplay mechanics on the new sites.
For instance, the T.H.M.P.R page tells you about how the planet is structured lore- and gameplay-wise. The fact that the resource we mine is also time-shifting is VERY interesting.
Glad you like the logo!

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Congrats Ember team!

"The base frame will determine what options are available. Each frametype also has its own signature game mechanic. Heavy omniframes store incoming kintetic and energy weapon damage and converts it to offensive power."
In early WoW design, we wanted to increase replay-ability by giving each class a unique mechanic. Warriors had stances, while other classes had other things. This way, when you tried another class, it was a fresh experience with new mechanics to learn.

I'm simply bringing this philosophy to Em-8ER, but on a small scale (we have 3 frametypes)

Status
Not open for further replies.