Another community night is planned but we need a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlzBanMe

The furry mod
Staff member
Ember Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Last game night's pick was simply awful. I picked a game I liked and had fun with but didn't think about the community. So now I am looking for suggests for game night! Keep in mind that everyone has to have the game we will play. Free to play games work best but some more popular ones might work.(Minecraft for example). I will collect suggests and hold a poll some time this week. Not every suggestion will go on the poll, only the most suggested!

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus
Payday 2, it's on free week right now, so could work, also extremely popular (35 of my 50 friends on steam have it, only met 10 of those 25 while playing payday 2).
Otherwise there's Team Fortress 2, simple.

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
Quake Live: Used to be free and people who installed it got grandfathered to it later when €10 pricetag was added. I'd add that into a poll :) http://store.steampowered.com/app/282440/
A QUAKE WITHOUT BLOOD AND GORE...... AND YOU DARE CALL THAT QUAKE?

AS AN OLD QUAKE VETERAN.NOW.I FEEL OFFENDED
xD

#3 RoboCraft - http://store.steampowered.com/app/301520/
RoboCraft Requires No Brains just lots of Oddly Shaped Robots Killing Each Other 8)
THE OLD DAYS (BEFORE NANOS) WERE THE BEST. NOW TO MANY CHANGES FOR ME TO HANDLE
DO MISS MY OLD MEGABOT, THOUGH. WAS ONE OF THE MOST "GERMAN ENGINEERED" BADASS MOTHERF*CKER EVER LOL

Last edited:

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
I do not know how to tell but do many people in the steam group have Age of Empires HD? It's 20 bucks now but it used to be like 5 so I figure anyone old school would have probably picked it up for nostalgia purposes...er not that I'm old school.

EDIT: Another interesting game might be Windward, which is 10 bucks on steam.

Last edited:

Terib.Shadow

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
Baal Secundus

EvilKitten

Ark Liege
Jul 26, 2016
View attachment 451
Not many people will be able to spend 10 $ every 2 weeks.
Yeah that was why I was wondering what people already have on steam already. I wasn't sure if there was a way to see how many people had a particular game without nosing through each of their profiles and making lists (feels kinda intrusive even if it is all public).

Um....
Cube 2: Sauerbraten (Freeware - Mac OS X, Linux, Windows), its pretty fast, we could play some rounds instagib team on venice. It has a co-op edit mode which was used by the community to create all maps that exist xD. It's the successor of "Cube" and it's engine (Cube Engine -> Cube 2: Sauerbraten engine).
Cube 2: Tesseract (Freeware - Mac OS X, Linux, Windows), its a bit slower than sauer and based only on instagib, but still fun. Mapmaker Inside. It's the Successor of Sauerbraten and has an upgraded engine (Cube 2: Sauerbraten engine -> Cube 2: Tesseract engine).
Red Eclipse (Freeware - Mac OS X, Linux, Windows), It's a nice little arena shooter witch some gamemodes and many modifiers. Mapmaker inside. It's a fork of Cube 2: Sauerbraten.
And now some non-cube engine-game:
Blockstorm (Paid (1€ currently (on sale) - 5€ normally) - Steam only - Mac OS X, Linux, Windows), a very neat game. Mostly voxel based. It got player made skins for weapons and characters, ingame editor for skins and maps etc. Got a few nice weapons to play around with, and BADASS MECHAS! *EXPLOSIONS* with rockets and minigun.

For the Cube-games we can easily set up a server when if some1 got a root server. But in Blockstorm we could just open another room and a very high player restriction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.