Alien Naming Contest - ROUND TWO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2016
I just hope none of the "i fell down with the scrabble box" names will make it into the top 10.
Pretty much what I am getting at here.

Some of the names are plain silly and I'm not even sure many of them apply to the original intended purpose. If an acronym name even makes it top ten... wtf.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Director of Marketing and Community
Jul 26, 2016
I just hope none of the "i fell down the stairs with the scrabble box" names will make it into the top 10.
I'm trying to figure out what an example of that would be...
Pretty much what I am getting at here.

Some of the names are plain silly and I'm not even sure many of them apply to the original intended purpose. If an acronym name even makes it top ten... wtf.
You feel the Reapers would not create an acronym for an enemy?

Jul 26, 2016
I'm trying to figure out what an example of that would be...

You feel the Reapers would not create an acronym for an enemy?
Certainly none of the ones there. Probably not the Reapers but instead I'd thi k Scientists would do so. Hardened Mercenary types? - No. I imagine more gritty and leaning towards offensive and vulgar.

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
Certainly none of the ones there. Probably not the Reapers but instead I'd thi k Scientists would do so. Hardened Mercenary types? - No. I imagine more gritty and leaning towards offensive and vulgar.
I don't know man. I know of a few acronyms that stand for a combination of some rather offensive and vulgar words.
And I know quite a few soldiers who rely quite a bit on acronyms for quickly giving a lot of info to each other in a short time.

This contest is fascinating to me. So many very different view points. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
Each to their own style the goofy names could be given to other npc's because there is a good bunch of ideas
not everything will be serious i hope!

Jul 26, 2016
I don't know man. I know of a few acronyms that stand for a combination of some rather offensive and vulgar words.
And I know quite a few soldiers who rely quite a bit on acronyms for quickly giving a lot of info to each other in a short time.

This contest is fascinating to me. So many very different view points. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
It is possible. Not saying it isn't possible but merely the ones I saw didn't work in such a way. There are various names that well border on flattery or are primarily better served to reference a race or group as a whole and not the individual as part of it. I simply remain confused about what is the actual situation if we called them T.I.Ks - Totally Indestrictable Killers - for example. To me that doesn't make any sense, it compliments the enemy, and there are a few similar ones on there that add elements or have keywords that specify traits or abilities or glorify them in ways I am not sure can be applied.

I suppose I am baffled and cannot find what I thought was the original intent. Perhaps I simply misunderstood it all.

We all have our opinions but I was expecting one thing and now I can't seem to see it.

Astro

Omni Ace
Omni Ace
Jul 26, 2016
It is possible. Not saying it isn't possible but merely the ones I saw didn't work in such a way. There are various names that well border on flattery or are primarily better served to reference a race or group as a whole and not the individual as part of it. I simply remain confused about what is the actual situation if we called them T.I.Ks - Totally Indestrictable Killers - for example. To me that doesn't make any sense, it compliments the enemy, and there are a few similar ones on there that add elements or have keywords that specify traits or abilities or glorify them in ways I am not sure can be applied.

I suppose I am baffled and cannot find what I thought was the original intent. Perhaps I simply misunderstood it all.

We all have our opinions but I was expecting one thing and now I can't seem to see it.
B.A.M (Big Ass Monster) - Tera

Why don't you give us examples of vulgar and offensive names so we can understand better what it is you're looking for?

Jul 26, 2016
B.A.M (Big Ass Monster) - Tera

Why don't you give us examples of vulgar and offensive names so we can understand better what it is you're looking for?
B.A.M - That's completely and totally accurate. Nothing wrong with that. Make one for our enemy here and I have no trouble with that. :)

Think of anything used as racial slurs or racial identifiers or shortened variations of nationality for starters.

I'm not going to pick things off the actual survey for examples of what makes me wonder how it made the cut or why it is being considered because I dont want to step on toes. Honestly it isnt even the name that troubles me but perhaps the methodology used here to get this list.

Max Kahuna
Max Kahuna
Kahuna M.A.X.
Sep 6, 2016
i commented how the shitsu 'noids look like rabits, and put up 'bits and pieces (of work) as suggestion, but it was not registered for the vote along shads.
I think those would fit your criteria of descriptive, racial slur or demeaning vulgarity?

Ronyn

Commander
Staff member
Community Manager
Jul 26, 2016
i commented how the shitsu 'noids look like rabits, and put up 'bits and pieces (of work) as suggestion, but it was not registered for the vote along shads.
I think those would fit your criteria of descriptive, racial slur or demeaning vulgarity?
I mentioned before that a few names were simply missed in the transition. I've been working on a fix for it.

luigisnipes

Firstclaimer
Aug 23, 2016
Yeah the first thread was conveniently vanished? So I couldn't check on my post but I think only one of my names got in there and it was my least favorite of the three...but I posted them so long ago that my memory is fuzzy.
Mine too bro i dont even know if they where chosen to go round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.