NightStroke's Sketchbook

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
IMG_1722.JPG
First omnimek design! MAKO! It's a mek that uses hydrokinetics to shape and move through water, acting as an assassin type character that can instantly kill a target of any health with a long cooldown by forcing them into the depths with Mako.

Weapon: Fins
Melee high damage, low attack speed weapons that hit anything in a cone in front of MAKO. The alt-fire accelerates the water molecules, causing an AoE splash in front of MAKO and disabling the fins until the regen.

Ability 1: Dive
Mako creates a pool underneath him, descends into the waters, and swims underground rapidly and freely, reemerging after the duration ends. If an enemy is nearby MAKO when it emerges, MAKO will execute the target by pulling them into the water.

Ability 2: Into the Deep
MAKO darts forward a short distance in a wave of water, forming hydrokinetic jaws that will pin a target. If a target is successfully pinned, the jaws will send the target into the ground and kill them.(3 charges, high cooldown)

Ability 3: Tsunami
MAKO transforms into a large mass of water, knocking back any enemies hit. Upon a second activation, all enemies being carried by the wave smashed into the ground, dealing high damage and leaving surviving enemies knocked down.

This will be the first of many mek concepts and designs. I know water and mechs are a weird combo but I liked the idea of a shark-style execution, diving into the water and accelerating up to get an instant kill. The design is extremely unorthodox for anything sci-fi but I think it came out pretty well.

Last edited:

Torgue_Joey

Kaiju Slayer
KAIJU 'SPLODER
Jul 27, 2016
Germany
WATCH OUT, WE GOT CRAZY PEEPS THAT CRAZE ALL ABOUT REALISM AND SCI-FI STUFF.

Do wonder what technology would control water in such way without adding 'MAGIC'

ME, THE GREAT AND MIGHTY TORGUE JOE SAY, KEEP UP WITH THE FAN ARTS

Legend57

Omega Founder
Em-8er Contributor
Jul 27, 2016
Estonia
I love the shark-ish design, though water magics and oneshotting aren't really my thing. It'd be cool to have a meka using Hydrokinetics, however I'd have it be used for some type of defense or projectile weapon

ps. That helmet looks neat as hell!

Aphaz

Deepscanner
Jul 26, 2016
something ice-oriented maybe, based of water...that would be more omniframe-ish...could still be water based
...just my 2c
:D

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
meh... i prefer more realistic ones :F
like something that is based on using flamethrowers or CWA-Sprayer >:D Muhahahhahhaha! Um... what? No! im not going to hull ppl into clouds of CWA spray... Never!
something ice-oriented maybe, based of water...that would be more omniframe-ish...could still be water based
...just my 2c
:D
Don't worry, this is the least-realistic omnimek I will be making. My next ones are going to be more of what you'd expect (ember version of the Firecat, a samurai omnimek that essentially mixes zarya and genji, a gunslinger with a giant revolver, the equivalent of an r36tor from pre-1.6 days.)

I literally had this idea while swimming and I wanted to see if I could make a mek with He-Bo's water-vortex design, and there is the result :p.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
I like those crazy mechs i could see a mech with whips that lash and grapple too
almost like an octopuss with energy whips and it would squirt some nanobots that shutdown or blind
the mech temporarily

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
Something a little less crazy for you all :p.(areas that would glow are lighted and my base sketch was edited a little to emphasize the "geometry")
NightMech.jpg

I drew this a while ago, didn't get the opportunity to post because I was caught up with school and the college app process. This is my personal design of the omnimek(my favored aesthetic and style). My favorite playstyle involves run and gun (think r36tor before 1.6), using a full-auto weapon from mid-range that fires accurately from the hip while running and works in the long-range while ADS, a good amount of mobility skills, and damage-buffing abilities. I will probably draw up a weapon design and design a few abilities that create that playstyle while working for other playstyles.

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
IMG_2107.JPG
Made some weapon concepts!

I saw @HeineSnow 's render of the omnimek and I really liked how he made the weapon carried like a heavy machine gun, with an ammo belt linked to some sort of storage unit on that empty space on the omnimek's back. I made a few weapons (yes, I really wanted an alligator head on an acid-weapon. Deal with it) built in the same vein.

I'm having trouble nailing down em8er's art style, but I'll get there.

P.S. I really think weapons made like this would provide immense opportunity. Not only does it look badass to have a giant cannon of a weapon, but the devs can sell customizations/skins for the backpacks and piping/ammo belts.

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
you won my vote with the alligator head i'd love to see a triceratops head that the horns charge up and change colour then once charged in that little purple sphere Tesla electro blasts out hitting several opponents!

my little art work its terrible i know :p

Attachments

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
firefall omnimek.jpg
Firefall Omnimek, wanted to replicate that firefall art style with the greatness that is the omnimek. Took components like raptor wings, engineer legs, firecat boots, recluse arms and torso, arsenal aggressor torso, etc. Cheers!

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
IMG_2626.JPG

Light sniper Mek+holo 60k wings+imagined charge rifle+ A boring Wednesday= a less boring Wednesday

I wanted the charge rifle to look unique so I took the styles from the M3 weapon art and combined them with destiny's vex mythoclast. Can't wait to recreate the raptor with advanced decoy, considering that the light omnimek has access to turrets, sniper gear, AND stealth. Should be good.

Last edited: