Milestone 2 is NOW LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahdi

Firstclaimer
Jul 26, 2016
South Carolina, US
Though I cannot afford to contribute, despite the desire, (Even a dollar.. yeah.. I'm broke) I would like to thank all those that have, I Hope the momentum continues!:D

Don't worry man, this train is stopped for a couple more weeks to let as many people on that want to be. After that it will have another stop in six to eight weeks for more reapers heading to training camp.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Hi,, if a milestone doesn't fund, we can't go to the next step of the playable prototype. It would show the demand just isn't there and that also makes it hard, at that point, to get an investor to back it. Just harsh reality of supply and demand. I also, personally, would be out several grand, as I tend to pre-fund each milestone so we can start production before going live with the fundraiser, because I'm confident of the demand.

You would, however, receive all the rewards of the milestone to which you pledged. In this case it would be the THMPR finished model in unreal and the softcover design book, and 3D printed rewards if you selected that tier.

Once we have the playable prototype, we will go to a general Kickstarter to jump start full-time work on Ember. We will (and are now), of course, be running VERY lean. No physical offices, no marketing, just everything going towards the game itself.

So, what exactly happens if a milestone doesn't fund? Will there be more attempts? Other options explored? At what point would the project get dropped?

I'm going to mostly be watching the campaigns themselves more than any other sources and it sounded kinda final. I understand it's a risky endeavor and that my measly $35 wouldn't guarantee me anything, I just would like to know how persistent the project will be. I'd hate to start getting really invested and have everyone suddenly give up.

Grummz

$6k package
Community Manager
Ember Dev
Jul 25, 2016
Mr. Kern, as one of the first Firefall player (played on 2 accounts) I have 1 wish... Can be in this Ember game NPC named Zeman? Of course If it's not a problem for ya... If you don't wanna do this just say "no" I'll understand it
We did NPC naming last milestone. I forgot to add an option this milestone. Did you back either?

NitroMidgets

Tsi-Hu Hunter
Jul 27, 2016
Dupont, WA
We did NPC naming last milestone. I forgot to add an option this milestone. Did you back either?
Wait a damn minute..... Does that mean somewhere in game there might be a half sized NitroMidgets NPC bitching about something or insulting Ubisoft? Oh man, that would make my outer bitter old man as happy as my inner child.

Aug 19, 2016
Adelaide
We just broke 10,000!
<fist pump> <thumbs up>

Honestly, I went giddy a bit when I read that. To think that so many of us believe in your vision for Ember, and show this level of support.

We WANT you guys to succeed. And honestly believe that you will.

What I see (that I absolutely love at the moment in here...)

1) Clear Vision of where Ember wants to go and what it wants to be.
2) VERY VERY passionate community, made up of people who DO care, and more importantly, DO BELIEVE.
3) Excellent and on-the-ball Community engagement. Gathering feedback and exchanging ideas.
4) Giving the passionate community some feeling of ownership and participation in the development journey that we are ALL undertaking. (granted it's Mark and team doing the heavy lifting in dev)
5) Mark and team being passionate about what they are about to create!

Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.