HeineSnow Art Related??

Jul 26, 2016
Australia
Those chains are going to be a real problem rendering anywhere in the game (what are they attached to?), I wonder if it's situational art.
I thought the chains were like it's broken free from where it had been created in that realm and now float freely. Perhaps the alien was incarcerated and now has escaped captivity.. the possibilities :)

HeineSnow

Omni Ace
Base Commander
Omni Ace
Jul 27, 2016
If you don't mind me asking what is your polygon count at?
Come to think about it, I haven't got the chance to check my polycount yet. lol

The cell shaded look makes these models look flipping awesome. Great job!
Thanks, I too particular love those like style of render.

Those chains are going to be a real problem rendering anywhere in the game (what are they attached to?), I wonder if it's situational art.
We could make the low poly chain with simulated physic, without melting a year 2000-ish generation computer. ;)

I base it on the original artwork, might need to ask the artist why it was there though. For me, I just think it to amphasive the energy contain in the creture itself. :p

Jul 27, 2016
I thought the chains were like it's broken free from where it had been created in that realm and now float freely. Perhaps the alien was incarcerated and now has escaped captivity.. the possibilities :)
Yeah but that guy in the picture transforms into this beast, meaning he can walk anywhere he wants. This is the alien race's "beast mode"
We can have this discussion in another thread, I think it'd be best :)

NightStroke

Base Commander
Base Commander
Jul 26, 2016
They could simply be treated like capes and scarves in other games(e.g. Warframe's synadanas). They would just carry momentum and swing idly based on movement.