Happy to say that Michael Bross, composer on Firefall, has given us some music to work with for Friday's build
Just trying to spruce it up a little here and there...
Ember DevTracker - View By Post
Page 1 of 45
Hi there. Our two milestones so far have been:
1st Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: Website and Forums
2nd Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: THMPR art demo
When we talk about exe versions of the builds, we are talking about a couple different versions:
1) THMPR Art Demo Exe promised for the 2nd milestone. ($15 Ready, Player One and above backers)
- "Whitebox" test environment (i.e. no terrain, just a flat white plane like devs start with)
- Command the THMPR to move and trigger it's basic animations (drilling, emote)
- Nothing else, the goal was to model and animate the THMPR for use in future builds
2) The Playable Mockup. ($35 Emberite and above backers)
- Due only if and when all milestones are funded and completed prior to Kickstarter
- Sample Terrain
- Call down THMPR and start mining
- Waves of Tsi-Hu attack, you defend
- Demo Ends when Mining is Complete
- Sound FX, Particle FX, UI, fair degree of polish
- Used to launch the "Start the full-time company" Kickstarter campaign
- Dependent on all prior milestones being funded (to build the other assets)
3) Final Game (Max Kahuna Only)
- Only Max Kahuna offers Final Game access at the moment
The Milestone Sequence (Currently being finalized, this is a draft, primary goals only):
- Build website/forums and a community - DONE
- Build the THMPR art asset and EXE- FRIDAY, APRIL 28
- Build the Omniframe art asset and EXE - PENDING
- Build the Human Players art assets and EXE - TBD
- Build the Tsi-Hu Enemy and Beast form assets and EXE -TBD
- Build the full Playable Mockup and EXE - TBD
I know many NEW people (from the Firefall Credit Program) are wanting to get their hands on the THMPR art demo. One idea, not yet serious or decided, is to allow Patreon backers at $15 and above to receive the exe. The Patreon would also feature:
- Behind the scenes videos of me creating game assets
- Behind the scenes videos of me writing design docs while thinking aloud
- Podcast interviews on game design and game production with myself and Ronyn as host
- Monthly exclusive decal or other virtual gift for use in final game
In the lore drop we learned about humanities initial contact with these dangerous and enigmatic enemies. Very little has been brought to light about them so far, but we do know they that call themselves the Tsihu. However the reaper teams that endure their constant attacks have a more colorful name for them. That name is....up to you!
Greetings fellow Reapers,
Welcome back to the glorious conclusion of our first community contest. The Alien Naming contest. Where your submissions and your votes decide what will be the official nick-name that the reaper teams call the Tsi-hu.
How did this contest work?
Round one was when the community submitted ideas for the name. We received over two hundred submissions. Round two was when community votes narrowed that number down to the thirty most popular names. Round three was when the community votes will narrowed the number down again to only ten finalists. From those ten, Grummz Himself has selected his favorite.
The top ten finalists are-
Blinkers - from Tominakc
Grievers - from MattHunX
Jumpers - from Nubilus
Morphers - from Fooni
Phasers - from t3hsquirr3l
Shapers - from Estender
Shifters - from Astro
Splicers - from Daynen
Voiders - from RaZoR
Warpers - from Quepieces
Note: In the event that two people suggested the same name the prize goes to whoever suggested it first.
Now, without further ado, here is the man himself to announce the grand prize winner!
" The amount of fan support for the game is what drives me to create it. Seeing so many great names has been inspiring, not to mention helpful. I'm very happy with the slang name "Shifters" for the Tsi-Hu. I think it reflects both their ability to shift through time as well as alter their form. Well done! "
Let's here it for Shifters and the Top ten!
The prizes for the winners!
The creators of the names that made it into the top ten will receive 8x10 signed color glossies of the new thumper vs Kaiju poster and 8x10 of the omniframe, thumper and Tsi-hu.
The creator of the name that Grummz selected at the end has won the grand prize. A 36x24 thumper vs Kaiju poster, and the Gatestrider reward level from the last campaign. If they already have it, they can gift it.
It's this big beautiful poster!
It's been a ride Reapers, but there is little time to rest. A new kind of contest is coming very soon.
Happy Easter, everyone. No update this Friday as it is a holiday weekend here.
Just a brief note that all backers have been contacted to update their shipping address! Please check your e-mail and verify your address. We will be shipping things in the very near future!
We plan to have a large update next Friday. See you then!
Last edited: Apr 12, 2017neonserge likes this.
Last edited: Apr 8, 2017