Also, Joe will be streaming this Sunday for modeling the Omniframe from 6pm-8pm PST.
Sneak Peek Screenshot of Art build:
Ember DevTracker - View By Thread
Page 4 of 39
Hi, glad to answer that. The exe won't be available except to backers, but they can stream it or upload videos and screenshots.
Future milestones are coming and will have new exes that will have better versions as we improve the game and build more features. We always want to feature the latest we have. Each milestone is a separate exe reward.
Hi there. Our two milestones so far have been:
1st Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: Website and Forums
2nd Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: THMPR art demo
When we talk about exe versions of the builds, we are talking about a couple different versions:
1) THMPR Art Demo Exe promised for the 2nd milestone. ($15 Ready, Player One and above backers)
- "Whitebox" test environment (i.e. no terrain, just a flat white plane like devs start with)
- Command the THMPR to move and trigger it's basic animations (drilling, emote)
- Nothing else, the goal was to model and animate the THMPR for use in future builds
2) The Playable Mockup. ($35 Emberite and above backers)
- Due only if and when all milestones are funded and completed prior to Kickstarter
- Sample Terrain
- Call down THMPR and start mining
- Waves of Tsi-Hu attack, you defend
- Demo Ends when Mining is Complete
- Sound FX, Particle FX, UI, fair degree of polish
- Used to launch the "Start the full-time company" Kickstarter campaign
- Dependent on all prior milestones being funded (to build the other assets)
3) Final Game (Max Kahuna Only)
- Only Max Kahuna offers Final Game access at the moment
The Milestone Sequence (Currently being finalized, this is a draft, primary goals only):
- Build website/forums and a community - DONE
- Build the THMPR art asset and EXE- FRIDAY, APRIL 28
- Build the Omniframe art asset and EXE - PENDING
- Build the Human Players art assets and EXE - TBD
- Build the Tsi-Hu Enemy and Beast form assets and EXE -TBD
- Build the full Playable Mockup and EXE - TBD
I know many NEW people (from the Firefall Credit Program) are wanting to get their hands on the THMPR art demo. One idea, not yet serious or decided, is to allow Patreon backers at $15 and above to receive the exe. The Patreon would also feature:
- Behind the scenes videos of me creating game assets
- Behind the scenes videos of me writing design docs while thinking aloud
- Podcast interviews on game design and game production with myself and Ronyn as host
- Monthly exclusive decal or other virtual gift for use in final game
Last week the lore drop revealed humanities initial contact with these dangerous and enigmatic enemies. Very little has been brought to light about them so far, but we do know they that call themselves the Tsihu. However the reaper teams that endure their constant attacks have a more colorful name for them. That name is....up to you!
Greetings fellow Reapers,
Welcome back to the third round of our first community contest. The Alien Naming contest. Where your submissions and your votes decide what will be the official name that the reaper teams call the Tsi-hu.
How does this contest work?
Round one was when the community submitted ideas for the name. We received over two hundred submissions. Round two was when community votes narrowed that number down to the thirty most popular names. This round, round three, is when community votes will narrow the number down again to only ten finalists. After that, Grummz will select his favorite name from that top ten.
Need an example of why there are two different names?
In the science fiction classic novel Ender's Game there is an alien race named the Formic. However the humans who fight them refer to the aliens as "Buggers" because they are largely insect like in behavior and appearance. So how will the humans refer to the Tsihu here in Ember?
What do you do for round 3?
- Follow the link below.
- Rank each and every name in the poll.
- Five stars means you really like the name, one star means you really do NOT like the name.
- The goal is a colorful, human sounding name that the soldiers will call the Tsihu.
- Round three of this contest begins on Friday, March 3rd and will close Friday, March 31rst.
POLL IS NOW CLOSED
CLICK HERE AND RANK EVERY NAME
The prizes for the winners!
The creators of the names that make it into the top ten will receive 8x10 signed color glossies of the new thumper vs Kaiju poster and 8x10 of the omniframe, thumper and Tsi-hu. The creator of the name that Grummz selects at the end will win the grand prize. A 36x24 thumper vs Kaiju poster, and the Gatestrider reward level from the last campaign. If they already have it, they can gift it.
Who wants a big beautiful poster?
Reapers, let's bring this contest to a glorious conclusion.
Alien Naming Contest Round 3 has come to a close. Thank you everyone who submitted names or voted. Your voice has been heard, your vote has been collected. It won't be long until the ten most voted on names are presented here for all to see.
From that list Grummz will choose the winner.