The glorious day where we get to see the frigid tundra and magnificent mek-a in motion has come. Follow the link below to hear some words from the main main, Grummz himself.
Links have been sent out through your backer email. Any backer who has not yet received the EXE should wait up to 24 hours from now, if you have not received it by then please post here. One of the staff will then contact you to get it resolved. Don't forget to check your spam folder just in case.
For those of you who already have it by the time you read this....ENJOY!
Ember DevTracker - View By Thread
Page 1 of 37
Hi, glad to answer that. The exe won't be available except to backers, but they can stream it or upload videos and screenshots.
Future milestones are coming and will have new exes that will have better versions as we improve the game and build more features. We always want to feature the latest we have. Each milestone is a separate exe reward.
Hi there. Our two milestones so far have been:
1st Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: Website and Forums
2nd Milestone Fundraiser - Primary Goal: THMPR art demo
When we talk about exe versions of the builds, we are talking about a couple different versions:
1) THMPR Art Demo Exe promised for the 2nd milestone. ($15 Ready, Player One and above backers)
- "Whitebox" test environment (i.e. no terrain, just a flat white plane like devs start with)
- Command the THMPR to move and trigger it's basic animations (drilling, emote)
- Nothing else, the goal was to model and animate the THMPR for use in future builds
2) The Playable Mockup. ($35 Emberite and above backers)
- Due only if and when all milestones are funded and completed prior to Kickstarter
- Sample Terrain
- Call down THMPR and start mining
- Waves of Tsi-Hu attack, you defend
- Demo Ends when Mining is Complete
- Sound FX, Particle FX, UI, fair degree of polish
- Used to launch the "Start the full-time company" Kickstarter campaign
- Dependent on all prior milestones being funded (to build the other assets)
3) Final Game (Max Kahuna Only)
- Only Max Kahuna offers Final Game access at the moment
The Milestone Sequence (Currently being finalized, this is a draft, primary goals only):
- Build website/forums and a community - DONE
- Build the THMPR art asset and EXE- FRIDAY, APRIL 28
- Build the Omniframe art asset and EXE - PENDING
- Build the Human Players art assets and EXE - TBD
- Build the Tsi-Hu Enemy and Beast form assets and EXE -TBD
- Build the full Playable Mockup and EXE - TBD
I know many NEW people (from the Firefall Credit Program) are wanting to get their hands on the THMPR art demo. One idea, not yet serious or decided, is to allow Patreon backers at $15 and above to receive the exe. The Patreon would also feature:
- Behind the scenes videos of me creating game assets
- Behind the scenes videos of me writing design docs while thinking aloud
- Podcast interviews on game design and game production with myself and Ronyn as host
- Monthly exclusive decal or other virtual gift for use in final game