Names for the Knee biters

Sy

Nov 16, 2018
sya.li
The nickname / codename is just a working code so we can discuss that kind of unit; the name hasn't been decided. It's the same as when we reflexively say "thumper" to our mining helper as a reference to another game. (I literally can't remember its proper name)

While in lore there is Japanese influence, using literal Japanese language in the real world will make the game alien to most of the world.

With these two in mind, it doesn't make sense to hobble together Japanese words to translate the working codename. Saying that, you'd do well to explore other names (in a new post). You can lean toward an almost-Japanese flavored sound, but the lore is also heavily-American so it could go either way or have an "accent" of sorts.

Nov 18, 2021
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost

Pandagnome

Kaiju Slayer
Fart Siege
Welcome Wagon
Happy Kaiju
Jul 27, 2016
Island of Tofu
The nickname / codename is just a working code so we can discuss that kind of unit; the name hasn't been decided. It's the same as when we reflexively say "thumper" to our mining helper as a reference to another game. (I literally can't remember its proper name)

While in lore there is Japanese influence, using literal Japanese language in the real world will make the game alien to most of the world.

With these two in mind, it doesn't make sense to hobble together Japanese words to translate the working codename. Saying that, you'd do well to explore other names (in a new post). You can lean toward an almost-Japanese flavored sound, but the lore is also heavily-American so it could go either way or have an "accent" of sorts.

Nov 18, 2021
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necropost
This makes me wonder if players from other parts of the world recognize certain codenames better and if there are a list of them so that the the OP-A.I recognizes your preferred language to put it across as that.

Certainly there will be the original code name such as Thumper, and in another part of the world that could be Cogneur (Big hitter in French) etc.

I don't know but those little things like that to me are intriguing, as you mention including the accents too.
However it's easier to keep the code name to its original while hearing the different accents would be similar.

Another example the tv show streethawk in English/American, and in french this is called Tonnerre Mécanique (Mechanical Thunder in English) I think that also sounds cool too.

If that is too difficult to do so in the game there could be a Codex where these is a list in various languages just for fun even in the tsihu language etc.!